Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Lovely Sunday, even with the rain!

Today was a good day. We both got a lot done, the bathroom is now painted a wonderful shade of blue, AND we will be moving on to the flooring in NO time! Exciting enough, Beau has decided to commit to his bathroom dream and put in a bidet! YEA. PLUS, I know exactly where I'll be having the baby...in our new oasis...:]
And then I got motivated and started my second ever batch of sauerkraut!!
This time, I will be waiting the 4-6 weeks most recipes call for. The first recipe I tried, called for 3 days, and even though I used organic cabbage, it just didn't ferment. Which makes sense...since fermentation of any food takes a bit of time!
My little helper was so helpful! Even with a large mess to clean up;]
Ahhh...look at those love handles...I know it is just the shirt I'm wearing...but at least I'm gaining weight! haha
Then I enjoyed making a super simple dinner with our menu plan, of baked chicken bone-in breasts, with couscous, which Leenah was VERY excited about! Decided to dress things up a bit and added a lovely side salad with deliciously easy sauteed onions. Yep, that did it...had to add some wine to finish the feel of a fine dinner;] Leenah even ate super harder, thank goodness!!
What a good Sunday.
Now for the project of the week: Making tissues/hankies from the material I've had hangin' around the house for a few years...been wanting to do this for a LONG time, and since we finally ran out of our last box of paper tissues and Beau said he would USE material tissues, vs. the socks only I and Leenah called tissues (he will not get near HIS old socks, but we'll blow our noses on them, lol) I am ready to commit to this endeavor!!
Tune in next time...to see if the sewing machine or I...prevail!! hahaha
Of course...then there is the rugs I now intend to make from rags, since our wally world ones with plastic underneath are falling apart after only a year...go figure.
AND, I am loving all those wonderful sayings from Pinterest that inspire me to think wonderful thoughts...time to figure out how to make those into lovely wall hangings from the cardboard and foam that otherwise will be tossed into recycling and still trashed with the City of Flagstaff;]
We Will see what this week produces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment